On behalf of all children, staff and governors at our school I would like to warmly welcome you to our website. We are proud to share our school with you and hope you enjoy your journey around it.
Lister Infant School is a community maintained school situated in the Tuebrook area of Liverpool. We are an inclusive school and are committed to ensuring that every child receives an education that allows them to achieve their full potential.
The school is led by a highly motivated and dedicated team who have worked hard to create a stimulating learning environment for our children. We have developed an exciting and challenging curriculum that is presented in an interesting and imaginative manner. It offers many opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play and is enlivened and enriched by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment.
We have high expectations for all at Lister Infant School and encourage everyone to set high standards for themselves and others. We are very proud that our children achieve excellent results and know that this is based on a strong working partnership between school, children, parents/carers and the wider community.
We believe our school is a welcoming, friendly, lively and happy place where children feel secure and high standards of behaviour are expected.
We hope you will find our website useful. It will give you a flavour of all that Lister Infant School has to offer.
If you should have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Mrs. Janet Davies
Respect for all. Learners for Life.
Aims & Values of the School
- This will be an inclusive school where all will be treated equally and given equality of opportunity regardless of gender, special needs, disability or race.
- All will be treated as individuals and teaching and learning will be differentiated to take account of individuals needs.
- Teaching and learning will be matched to the appropriate stage of children’s physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural development needs.
- All will benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum that will be presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play. The curriculum will be enlivened and enriched by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment. The basics will be taught well and the creative aspects including art, poetry, story, dance, music, performance will be central to our work.
- All will have high expectations and set high standards for themselves and others. All will be treated fairly and listened to. All will have opportunities to take responsibility, build their self-esteem and develop their self-confidence.
- Success will be promoted and progress and achievement will be rewarded.
- Parents and the wider community will be seen to be equal partners with the school.
- This will be a welcoming, friendly, bright and lively, happy place where children feel secure where good behaviour is expected and where they have fun whilst achieving and where they enjoy growing up.
Admissions to Little Treasures, Nursery and in year admissions are to be made directly to the school.
If you are interested in your child coming to Lister Infant School please phone the school office and arrange a visit. Mrs Davies, Head teacher, or Mrs Gordon, Deputy Head teacher will gladly show you around the school.
School office 0151 228 4069
If your child is due to start in the Reception class, you need to apply directly to the local authority. Click on the link below and it will take you directly to the page.
The School Day
Morning session only
Our nursery offers the choice of 2 part time sessions of 3 hours (morning and afternoon)
12.15pm – 3.15pm
We are pleased to announce that we are now offering 30 hours free childcare in line with the Government’s new initiative. If you would like more information please speak to a member of the office team.
8.50am – 3.00pm
Lunch – 12.00pm -1.00pm
If your child has any special dietary requirements please speak to Mrs Davidson in the school office.
Attendance and Punctuality
Attendance Guide for Parents
Pupil & Sport Premium Information
Lister Infant School is pleased to present their end of Key Stage 1 results 2019.
|Expected +||Greater Depth|
Reading, Writing and Maths Combined
|Percentage achieving expected standard in Reading Writing & Maths|
Data from July 2019
Age related expectation at the end of Year 2 is expected standard.
|Uniform Item||Price||Available In Ages:|
|Sweatshirt||£9.50||3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10|
|Polo Shirts||£6.00||3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10|
|Jogging Bottoms||£9.00||3-4, 5-6, 7-8|
|Cardigans||£9.50||3-4, 5-6, 7-8|
|P.E. T- Shirts||£4.00||3-4, 5-6, 7-8|
|P.E. Shorts||£4.00||3-4, 5-6, 7-8|
School coats can be ordered from the school office. £19.50
All items can be purchased from the school office.