On behalf of all children, staff and governors at our school I would like to warmly welcome you to our website. We are proud to share our school with you and hope you enjoy your journey around it.
Lister Infant School is a community maintained school situated in the Tuebrook area of Liverpool. We are an inclusive school and are committed to ensuring that every child receives an education that allows them to achieve their full potential.
The school is led by a highly motivated and dedicated team who have worked hard to create a stimulating learning environment for our children. We have developed an exciting and challenging curriculum that is presented in an interesting and imaginative manner. It offers many opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play and is enlivened and enriched by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment.
We have high expectations for all at Lister Infant School and encourage everyone to set high standards for themselves and others. We are very proud that our children achieve excellent results and know that this is based on a strong working partnership between school, children, parents/carers and the wider community.
We believe our school is a welcoming, friendly, lively and happy place where children feel secure and high standards of behaviour are expected.
We hope you will find our website useful. It will give you a flavour of all that Lister Infant School has to offer.
If you should have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Mrs. Janet Davies
Respect for all. Learners for Life.
Aims & Values of the School
- This will be an inclusive school where all will be treated equally and given equality of opportunity regardless of gender, special needs, disability or race.
- All will be treated as individuals and teaching and learning will be differentiated to take account of individuals needs.
- Teaching and learning will be matched to the appropriate stage of children’s physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural development needs.
- All will benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum that will be presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play. The curriculum will be enlivened and enriched by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment. The basics will be taught well and the creative aspects including art, poetry, story, dance, music, performance will be central to our work.
- All will have high expectations and set high standards for themselves and others. All will be treated fairly and listened to. All will have opportunities to take responsibility, build their self-esteem and develop their self-confidence.
- Success will be promoted and progress and achievement will be rewarded.
- Parents and the wider community will be seen to be equal partners with the school.
- This will be a welcoming, friendly, bright and lively, happy place where children feel secure where good behaviour is expected and where they have fun whilst achieving and where they enjoy growing up.
If you would like to enrol your child in our provision for 2 year olds please come into the school office with your child’s birth certificate, and complete an admission form. If you are eligible to access this provision your child will then be added to the waiting list for a place.
If you would like to enrol your child in our Nursery, please come into the office, with your child’s birth certificate, and complete an admission form. Your child will then be added to the waiting list for a place in our Nursery.
Please note: Your child can be entered onto the waiting list at any age!
Please ensure you keep the admission form up to date with contact numbers and home address, this will ensure the letter that is sent to parents will reach the correct address. In April/May you will receive a letter inviting you to attend a Nursery parent meeting. It is important that all parents attend this meeting as you will learn all information needed before your child starts Nursery for the following school year. If you do not attend this meeting, you child’s starter pack will not be given until you have spoken to the Headteacher.
At Lister Infant & Nursery School, children start Nursery the term after their third birthday.
For any more information, please do not hesitate to contact the school office via telephone or email:
– 0151 228 4069
Please note: If your child attends our Nursery, it does not guarantee a place in our Reception!
Currently Liverpool City Council arrange Reception places.
If your child starts Primary school in September 2020, you have until the 15th January to apply for a school of your choice. Children start primary school in 2020 if they were born between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016.
If you need any more information, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.
Please go to the bottom of this page for the direct link to Liverpool City Council admissions.
If you do not receive a place in your preferred school, there will be an option at the end of your admissions letter to appeal the decision. You can contact the local council for more information on this.
Transferring from another Liverpool School to Lister Infant and Nursery School
If you would like your child to attend Lister Infant School, please speak to the school office who will advise you on what we have available. Children are welcome to join our school at any time in the school year, providing we have a place in the desired year group.
New to the city or transferring from another local authority school
If you are moving to Liverpool or you want to move your child to a Liverpool school from another local authority, apply online at https://forms.liverpool.gov.uk/contour-forms/in-year-transfer-form/
You should also follow this process if you have elected to home educate but you now want your child to attend a Liverpool school.
The School Day
Morning session only
Our nursery offers the choice of 2 part time sessions of 3 hours (morning and afternoon)
12.15pm – 3.15pm
We are pleased to announce that we are now offering 30 hours free childcare in line with the Government’s new initiative. If you would like more information please speak to a member of the office team.
8.50am – 3.00pm
Lunch – 12.00pm -1.00pm
If your child has any special dietary requirements please speak to Mrs Davidson in the school office.
Attendance and Punctuality
Attendance Guide for Parents
Pupil & Sport Premium Information
Lister Infant School is pleased to present their end of Key Stage 1 results 2019.
|Expected +||Greater Depth|
Reading, Writing and Maths Combined
|Percentage achieving expected standard in Reading Writing & Maths|
Data from July 2019
Age related expectation at the end of Year 2 is expected standard.
Click on the link to view Lister Infants performance table
|Uniform Item||Price||Available In Ages:|
|Sweatshirt||£9.50||3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10|
|Polo Shirts||£6.00||3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10|
|Jogging Bottoms||£9.00||3-4, 5-6, 7-8|
|Cardigans||£9.50||3-4, 5-6, 7-8|
|P.E. T- Shirts||£4.00||3-4, 5-6, 7-8|
|P.E. Shorts||£4.00||3-4, 5-6, 7-8|
School coats can be ordered from the school office. £19.50
All items can be purchased from the school office.